Monday, March 15, 2010

Why not to buy an iPad


Hey guys, I thought I'd take a few minutes to let you know why you shouldn't buy an iPad. Now I have to admit when I first saw the new iPad come out I was pretty excited, and combined with the low price tag (relative to other Apple products) I was all set to purchase one upon release. However, as I continued to read up on the device, I realized that to me the iPad is virtually useless. Here are a few reasons why you may want to reconsider purchasing an iPad for yourself.

1) If you already have an iPod touch, or an iPhone, don't waste your money on what is essentially a larger version.
2) In relation to reason one, OSX is not installed on this device, it uses a similar version of the iPhone OS.
3) No camera. Though this is sure to appear on future models (if there is any).
4) Storage capacity. The amount of storage on these devices is minimal, however since there is no OSX installed, this may not be a draw back for most.
5) SD card reader is not included (can be purchased seperately), as well as a tactile keyboard.

Essentially as many reviews have stated previously, the iPad is an overpriced e-reader, underpowered netbook, and just a larger version of the iPod touch. Now that being said, if you don't have either of the devices listed in reason 1, and have an extra $500, then this device may be of consideration, but don't expect to gain anything other than screen size.

I hope you found this useful,

Allan

No comments:

Post a Comment